Amazing Grace Family Dentistry
Quincy Attipoe, DDS
Dentist located in Dallas, TX
Amazing Grace Family Dentistry in Dallas, TX, now servicing patients from Richardson, Texas & Garland, Texas.
Fotona LightWalker Laser
Fotona LightWalker laser is the most advanced and versatile laser to perform a host of both tooth and soft tissue procedures, often with no need for local anesthesia. It contains both an ER:Yag and Nd:Yag laser. This laser lacks the heat and vibration of the dental drill so many fillings can be done without anesthesia. For soft tissue procedures it often eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster due to wound sterilization and the atraumatic effect of the laser on surrounding tissues.
A number of procedures can be performed including……
- All classes of dental fillings.
- Laser periodontal surgery: no scalpels, sutures, or post operative pain
- Smile improvements, i.e. gum sculpting that lengthens teeth due to oversized gingiva
- Gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, crown lengthening, and other gum corrections
- Removal of oral lesions such as fibromas or papillomas, usually with topical anesthesia only
- Excisional and incisional biopsies
- Frenectomy (“tongue-tie” release, orthodontic or periodontal indications) without anesthesia or sutures
- Pediatric procedures. The lack of needles or drills is a huge plus for kids.
- Cold sore treatments
- Aphthous Ulcer (“canker sore” ) treatments
- Treatment of minor mouth and gum irritations
Advantages dental lasers include…….
- Often no drill or needle for fillings
- No needle for many soft tissue procedures
- Increased bond strength for fillings
- Reduced post op sensitivity with fillings
- Thorough disinfection of tooth prior to filling placement
- Treat kids with no needle or drill
- More rapid healing and reduced pain after soft tissue procedures
- Drug free cold sore and aphthous ulcer treatments with immediate pain relief and healing within two to three days
- Excellent adjunct to crown and bridge work for improved gingival health and more accurate impression